|There are questions that you have to answer before you start memorizing the Quran, so that your project is fruitful if Allah will. Everyone has his own projects in life, but the best work will be memorizing the Book of Allah Almighty.….|
A Project for this World and the Hereafter
At the beginning, you have to plan well for this project that will change your life totally as it did to those who memorized the Quran before you. Perfect planning requires you to study it well, study its benefits and results, and study the shortest way to execute it. Without that, the project will be unproductive, and this is the reason that many of those who try to memorize the Quran fail.
Why do I memorize the Quran?
This is a question you should ask yourself, and you should have a clear answer to it in your mind, why should one memorize the Quran? Whenever the benefits of this work are more, your determination will be higher and you will achieve your goal easily. What are the benefits of memorizing the Quran?
Benefits of memorizing the Quran
- Since the Quran is the word of Allah Almighty, when you memorize it , this will be the best you ever done! Memorizing the Quran will open all the doors of good for you.
- Memorizing the Quran means that you will obtain ten good deeds for each letter! If you know, for example that the number of letters in the shortest Surah in the Quran, which is Surah Al-Kawthar, is 42 letters. This Surah can be read in seconds, which means that whenever you read it, your account at Allah Almighty will increase to 420 good deeds, each one of these good deeds is much better than this World and what is in it!! Consider how many good deeds you will gain when you read the whole Quran which includes more than three hundred thousand letters!!
- The Quran includes all the sciences of this World and the Hereafter, the stories of ancestors and successors. It includes many of the scientific, cosmic, legislative and medical facts, and it includes also provisions, laws and legislation that regulate the life of a believer and make him much happier. This means that when you memorize the Quran, you memorize the largest encyclopedia.
- This Quran, which you memorize and keep today, will be your companion at the dying moment!! It will be your defender and your intercessor at the time you are abandoned by the nearest people. The Prophet (pbuh) says, “Read the Quran, it will be the intercessor of its companions on the Day of Resurrection” Will there be a best moment other than the one when meeting on the Day of Resurrection with Allah Almighty and you have memorized His words.
- When you memorize the Quran, your expressing ability will be stronger because of the classic Arabic you acquire from the Quran. You will have more ability for dealing, endurance and patience, because memorizing the Quran is not only like memorizing a poem, a story, or a song. However, when you memorize the Quran, in fact you are changing your attitude towards everything around you, and thus your behavior will be following what you have memorized
- Our Lady Aysha (May Allah be pleased with her) was asked about the ethics of the Prophet and she said, “His ethics was the Quran”!! If you would like your ethics be like the Prophet’s (pbuh), you have to memorize the Quran.
- The Quran is a healing for physical and psychological diseases. If reading Al-Fatiha (The Opening) cures a patient if Allah permits, what about who memorize the whole Quran? You will get rid of devilish whispers; your body immunity will increase due to the great change you experience while you are memorizing the Quran. This is not only a theoretical speech but a real experience that is witnessed by those who memorized the Quran or parts of it.
- When you decide to memorize the Quran, you won’t have extra time, boredom, nor a feeling of concern, stress and fear. The Quran will remove concerns, grief and the accumulations of the past, you will be reborned. Nonetheless, what prevent us from memorizing the Quran in our hearts? Why do many people try to memorize the Book of Allah Almighty but they cannot? The reason according what I think is a big problem that we have to overcome, what is it?
What is the biggest problem you face in the project?
The biggest problem that many may not be aware of is that the Quran has a unique style that is not found in any other book, and this means you take more time to familiarize yourself with this style, until every cell in your body can interact with the Speech of Allah Almighty. Almighty says, “Allah has revealed (from time to time) the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating (its teaching in various aspects): the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble thereat; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah’s praises. Such is the guidance of Allah. He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah leaves to stray, can have none to guide” [Az-Zumar: The Troops: 23]
Passing this stage in the project of memorizing the Quran is the most important. Most of those who start memorizing the Quran, then stop later and do not continue, the reason will be that they are not familiar with the Quran style. Therefore, you find them feel difficulty in memorizing, feel upset and heaviness and they do not know the cause.
My brother reader, if you know how information is stored in the brain, this process will be easy. At the beginning, a month may pass to memorize one page, but after six month, you can memorize this page in two hours!! This is scientific, because storing information in the cells of the brain is done according to an accelerated accumulation system, the first page needs more time, and the second needs lesser time and so on until we reach a stage where memorizing will be a more enjoyable and very easy process. Almighty says, “And We have indeed made the Qur’an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?” [Al-Qamar: The Moon: 17]
Advantages of this way
My brother believer! The way you are going to learn has several advantages:
- The way is practical and very easy, and does not require a Sheikh, a teacher or a reciter, but depends on self learning. I have tried it and it has success.
- Memorizing the Quran in this way does not mean only memorizing but it expands your information horizon and assists you in deducting some of the Quran wonders.
- This way does not require a specific time or system, but you can do at any time and in any how to be.
How can I start memorizing?
The first step on the road to memorize the Quran thoroughly is to believe that this project is the most important project in your life, and this project will not take part of your time!!! Allah will bless your time and you will find that the rest of your work will not stop, but it will flourish and become much easier than before.
Do not feel that memorizing the Quran will need any time. Whatever time you spent in reading, considering and memorizing that will not impact your time but your time will increase. I will give an example to illustrate that:
If you have time allotted for studying to succeed in the exam, and you took some of it for memorizing the Quran, what is the result? Memorizing the Quran will develop your grasp ability, expand your thinking range and equip you with a great ability for memorizing, understanding and comprehension. When you memorize some Surahs, you will notice that you can understand your studies in time less than used to be, and this is what I have gone through. Your performance on the test will greatly be enhanced because memorizing the Quran gives you psychological and mental stability and gives you the trust that Allah is the one who decides your exam result and not your effort or work. This stability and trust is half success.
Let us start the project
Please dear reader start with listening to recited Quran for the longest possible period, but why is this step? The aforementioned barrier which prevents you from memorizing the Quran is due to your brain not responding to memorizing the Quran because of its unique style which you are not familiar to.
You may listen to the Quran from a computer, a TV or a recorder which all are given by Allah to us to make use of and benefit from listening to the Quran through them. You may concentrate at the beginning on short Surahs at the end of the Book and listen to them so many times a day, especially after awakening and directly before going to bed.
If you can sleep while the Quran is being recited, this has a great impact on storing the Quran in your subconscious! This leads to a permanent memorization of the Quran verses, in other words, your subconscious retains these verses which you can retrieve any time you wish.
You have to repeat listening to the same Surah many times, so that you are familiar to. As for words you hear them for the first time and you do not understand, you will find yourself got familiar and near to and about to understand when you repeat listening to the Surah.
You may wonder my beloved brother if I tell you that after memorizing the Quran, the best thing to me is listening to recorded Quran recited by a sweet voice, and you may wonder more if you know that I was spending most of my time listening to songs, besides, I was playing some musical instruments. Notwithstanding, when I have started listening to the Quran for long periods, nothing else will amuse me other than the words of Almighty.
There is a prophetical saying you have to learn, it is Our Beloved Apostle saying, “Who abandons anything for the sake of Allah, Allah compensates him with a better one than it”. After I heard this saying, I have decided to desert all entertaining means that shun mentioning Allah, and Allah has compensated me with the Quran. Will you quit what diverts from mentioning Allah and ask Allah to give you in turn something better?
What is next?
If you want to memorize the Quran in addition to enjoy that, follow us in this project which I introduce it as a gift for whoever loves the Quran. You may register in the email list by entering your email address so that you will be informed of what is new and you can follow the memorization process easily if Allah permits.
We will learn in the coming lesson how to memorize the Quran efficiently and we will talk about some secrets of the memorizing process and remembering from a scientific view. We ask Allah Almighty for facilitation and acceptance.
I can tell you that the Quran has changed my life totally, why do not you change your life and decide at this moment to join this profitable project, and start the first step in memorizing the Quran by taking a decision on that?
By: Abduldaem Al-Kaheel